Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Christmas is behind us . . .

Well, we officially "survived" Christmas 2009. We went to my husband's parents house in Coconut Creek (south Florida) on December 23rd. We were there with his parents, his sister, her husband and three kids, and then Tim, George, and I. It was a fun time, especially for the kids. There were TONS of presents under the tree, and we sang "Happy Birthday, Jesus" on Christmas Day. All in all, a successful trip was had. The day after Christmas we got in the car (at six am, mind you) and drove to North Carolina for another week long vacation. Here we are now . . . we have been in NC for 5 days now. There is snow everywhere!!!! It is crazy, and it may snow tonight. We have only had two major injuries (that included hospital visits) so far, and with a group of nineteen people, I guess that isn't too bad:) We actually got to take George sledding for about an hour before the police came and kicked us off the hill we were on because the owners didn't want us using it . . . don't worry, though, we weren't the only ones breaking the law on that hill. We will be here through New Year's and then it is back to real life. It is kind of weird to think about going back to real life in just a few days. I feel like I literally have been planning for this Christmas and trip for months and months. The planning, packing, wrapping, writing lists, buying presents, and so on and so forth took so long, and the actual living it out seemed to slip by in just a few short days. I know I have this feeling every year, but it still seems so strong every year. Since I am a teacher, I think it hits me even harder because I get these two weeks off school. I literally count down the days with my students. The thought of going back to school is no fun. Obviously two weeks isn't an eternity, but I always feel like it is forever when I get out that Friday before Christmas. Anyways, the cycle will start again next year, and hopefully I will be able to keep myself in check to not become all consumed with all the planning and plotting for the holiday season. I plan on coming back to read this in a year:) Here's hoping for new snow in the morning . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment