Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Not in my plans

I don't even know where to start on this post.
 
Our "plan" was to stay in Fort Myers for another year, while trying to sell our house in Largo before moving to Trinity where Tim was going to be the new admissions director.  
 
We signed a year lease on a house in April when Tim signed his contract for the following school year.
 
I felt like we would be somewhat stable for 12 months, and I was really looking forward to that.
 
I know "stability" isn't promised, but so many people have preached to me that the seasons of life change.
 
This "season" of instability has run its course for the Bettelli family.
 
We are ready for a new one.
 
Mid July, when we got back from our last summer road trip, the principal called to have a meeting with Tim.
 
He didn't have a good feeling about it, but we tried to stay positive.
 
During the meeting Tim was laid off because their enrollment was way down, and Tim was the last one hired.
 
It was such a shock.
 
Tim had turned down taking the Trinity job early because he wanted to honor his contract with this very school that he signed in April.

 
It is always so tough to accept the things we have no control over.

 
This one was very hard for me . . . probably even more than Tim.

 
I guess I have stability issues.

 
Hmmmm . . . . 
 
He called Trinity right away and thank the good Lord they told him he could start September 1st.
 
We were so thankful to have a job but still so sad to leave Fort Myers so soon.
 
We loved the house we had been living in for the last four months, and we loved our church and friends.

 
It almost felt like "here we go again" after all the moving and reorganizing we had been doing for the last year.
 
Because the transition was happening so fast we didn't have time to find a house in Trinity.
 
Our only option was to move back into the house we owned in Largo.

 
The catch was that my sister was renting it from us, so we all moved in with her.
 
This house is also an hour away from the job, so the commute is no fun.
 
But again, we are happy to have a job and thankful that God provided once again.
 
One of the real ways I saw God's hand through all of this was in our decision to homeschool George.

 
I never ever thought it would be something I would want to do, but God totally brought it to my attention at the end of last year.
 
And with all this transition it is truly the only way we feel like we could have done it without doing him an academic disservice.

 
Again, I see God moving and working through all of these circumstances.

 
But I don't write to act like I am always happy or excited to have to endure some of these things.

 
The more that I see and endure, the more I honestly don't know how people assimilate life without the hope of Christ.

 
Some days in the midst of all this instability, and mothering, and teaching, and just doing the next thing . . . God is my only light and my only hope.
 

 
Thanking Him for Him today.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment