Wednesday, May 14, 2014

George turns 7

We literally celebrated this kid's birthday for an entire week.

His actual birthday was on a Wednesday this year.

The Monday before he spent the night with Nonna (my mom) and went shopping for birthday presents on Tuesday.   

Wednesday he woke up to a balloon bath and presents.




That morning we brought a treat to Bible study for the friends he has in his class.

Then we made eggplant parmesan for dinner per his request.

Lastly, we had to have cake!


On Friday his Mima and Pipa (Tim's parents) came in town.

Saturday night we took him to celebration station with one set of cousins who couldn't be here for his party on Sunday.

Sunday we had a family bowling party after church.












It was a perfect party for a 7 year old.

We literally only invited immediate family and had 25 people there.

Who needs friends?

After the party we left for Disney for more celebrating.




George got chosen to be in one of the street skits they do at Hollywood studios.

It was hysterical, and he played along like a pro.



You wouldn't be able to tell from these pictures, but the night we got there we actually had to take Lexi to an after hours walk-in clinic for a high fever.

She ended up just having a virus, but it was sad to see her so sick on the trip.

We tried to make the best of it, since it was his birthday.

It is so hard to try to please all your kids when you have multiple, but I also think it helps to teach them patience and consideration for others' needs.

All in all, I would say George had a pretty great birthday.

I can't believe I have been a parent for 7 years.

As always, I want to write George a letter to commemorate this year.  

I always post a small portion of the whole letter on the blog.

George,
          You are my firstborn and the one who made me a mom.  It is the most special title I hold, and I thank God for giving me you to hold that title.  You are such a special little boy who has taught me more than I could ever teach you.  You are kind and considerate and encouraging and sweet.  You are constantly telling your siblings how proud you are of them and how much you love them.  I know they look up to you in so many ways, and I couldn't imagine a better hero for them.  You have taught me patience and love in ways I never knew possible.
          This year was a different one for us with the adventure of homeschooling.  Now that it is coming to an end I have to say that it was so much better than I imagined in so many ways.  It was hard, but it was good.  It gave me such an insight to your mind that I would have never gotten if you would have been in the classroom with a different teacher all year.  I am very thankful for this time I got to know you better.  We worked through so many things that I wouldn't have been a part of if you would have been in a traditional school.  You allowed me to truly learn about daily discipleship and working together.  You gave me a gift this year, and I will never forget this special time.
          You have grown in so many ways this year.  You have surpassed any expectations academically, soared spiritually and even grown in height.  You just seem like such a big boy.  You are growing so fast, and I feel so blessed to have the opportunity to watch.  I know God has something so special for you.  I just feel honored to have the title of your mom.  Your love for your family is not something we take for granted.  You love us so well.  There are no words to describe how much you mean to me.  You have a piece of my heart that is reserved for only you, and no matter how big you get that piece will always be yours.  I am so very proud of the young man God is shaping you to be.  I am even prouder that you desire God to shape and guide you at such a young age.  I look forward to this ride of your life.  I love you more than words could say.
                                                                                                      I love you, my firstborn,
                                                                                                                                   Mommy

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment