Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Costa

Another really fun event from early summer was a trip Tim and I took to Costa Rica.

We have literally never taken an actual vacation alone in our nine years of marriage since having kids (and I got pregnant 8 months after we got married).

We did travel to Savannah once for a long weekend, but I try to forget that trip.  I contracted the swine flu and was more miserable than I have ever been the entire time we were there.

Our good friends Debra and Tony planned the trip with me as a surprise for Tim's birthday.

I was trying to surprise him by just taking him to the airport without telling him where we were going.

The more I thought about it, I decided I should at least email his assistant to make sure the dates were ok (and I made this decision after purchasing the plane tickets . . . whoops).

It ended up that he had made plans to be in another state on the same days for some sort of conference with the President of the college.

That caused a little bit of a scuffle, but you know what I always say (or sometimes) . . . all is well that ends well.

Once we got that all squared away, we could enjoy our 5 am wake-up call and head out.











The first few days we spent lots of time eating good food (in the super hot weather) and hanging out at the beach.

It was so nice and relaxing.

The day before Tim and I left we made a little trip to the Los Suenos area, which is a super nice resort.

We zip lined early in the morning and then took some pictures at the resort afterwards.







The zip-lining wasn't my favorite.

Having to jump off a ledge high in the air 12 times and almost have an anxiety attack isn't my idea of fun.

But I did it and am glad I have pictures to document it.

All in all, it was a wonderful, relaxing time with good friends.

And it was also the best birthday present I will ever give to Tim.

Just sayin!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment