Thursday, July 16, 2015

Love Story - Part Dos

I didn't plan to blog two days in a row, but I just had sooooo many (maybe 2ish but don't tell) people beg for the second installment.  

And what kind of blogger would I be if I didn't keep my large (5ish) readership happy?

We left off at the extremely sexist card and gift that Tim bought for me that will forever live in infamy as the first gift he gave his wife.

And of course I never bring it up because that would not be very nice of this sweet wife.

Even though it was not the normal gift to get a girl you were trying to win over, I couldn't help but laugh and enjoy Tim's playful side at that moment.

Friday night, February 4th there was a Calvary HS basketball game.

I was the cheerleading coach at the time, so I sat on the court next to the cheerleaders during the whole game.

Tim walked into the game and pulled a chair right up next to me for all to see.

He then proceeded to ask me to go out with him that night.

And yes, he was very aware that I had a long-term boyfriend.

So being the mature, 23 year old that I was I ran to my parents (who were in the stands that night) and asked if it was ok if I went out with Tim.

My mom's exact words were, "there is no ring on your finger, go right ahead."
She has been a Tim Bettelli fan from Day 1.


"Going out" together as two teachers at the same high school isn't as easy as it sounds.

I would imagine if you taught elementary school it would be a different story.

Those kids be like, "oh, look at my booger, Mrs. B," or "Stop hitting me, Billy," or "I need to use the bathroom realllllly bad."

In high school all they want to do is get up in your biz-ness, so I knew we needed a good plan to get out together unnoticed.

I decided to leave with my parents and have them drive me to a super secret Denny's parking lot to then be passed along to Tim's truck.

Again, I want to reiterate that I was a successful, mature 23 year old adult who had a steady job.

You know, in case you forget for some odd reason.

I got in the car with my parents and wouldn't you know it - they had brought their friends from out of town who worked for the organization, Focus on the Family.

Our conversation on the way to the parking lot went something like this:

Focus Guy: "So, Louise why aren't you riding to your date with your boyfriend?"

Louise:  crickets

Louise's Dad:  "Oh, this isn't her boyfriend.  He is at home right now.  This is just another guy she is going out with.

Louise:  crickets

Focus Guy:  "And, again, why are we driving you to the secret parking lot?"

Louise:  crickets

Louise's Dad:  "Oh, they don't want anyone to know they are going out."

So thankful my dad was there for clarification purposes.


I finally got into Tim's truck, and we headed to the movies.

We saw The Wedding Date.

The irony is not lost on me.

We basically talked the entire movie, which I am sure was a welcome distraction for all the other paying customers in the theater.

After the movie we talked and talked and talked some more.

I really and truly didn't expect to enjoy the conversation as much as I did.

After many hours I finally (because I have never been known for my tact) just went ahead and asked some questions that are usually reserved for month 4, 5, or even 6 in a normal relationship.

I told him that I didn't want to be casual.

I had a boyfriend of 4 years that until that night had believed I would marry.

I knew at that point that it wasn't looking good for said boyfriend and I, but I also didn't want to let Tim mess with me and take advantage.

Again, I am nothing if not direct.

Tim was also extremely forthcoming and told me that he really liked me and wanted us to pursue a relationship.

Obviously, I had some big decisions to make, so he finally took me home.  To my parents house.  Again, mature adult award right here.

I was up most of that night and finally called my boyfriend the next morning.

I told him I had gone out with another guy the night before.

We hadn't kissed or anything, but it was obviously not a good sign that I had even wanted to go out with another guy.

I asked if we could take a two week break to give myself some time to figure things out.

He was sad and asked if he could still come to my family birthday dinner that night.

I said yes and as I hung up the phone there was a knock on my front door.

I heard my mom open the door and utter the words, "You've got balls,"

And we will pick up there at a later date.

Please don't let the suspense kill you because then you will miss Part III.  What a tragedy:)
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment