Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Love Story - Part Uno

One thing I've never done on the blog was write out the story of how Tim and I met and then hated each other and then fell in love - in that order.

We have a very "special" story, and I want to have it down on figurative paper before I forget any details.

It has been ten years this year since we got married, so now is as good a time as any.

We met in the Fall of 2004 when I took a job at Calvary Christian High School as the 9th and 10th grade English teacher.

Tim was the Bible teacher at the time, and while I don't remember our very first meeting, I do remember his long, blond (courtesy of sun-in) hair in our faculty meetings before school started.


This is obviously a picture after we were together, but I wanted to give you the pleasure of seeing those locks of hair in all their glory.

Back to the story . . . so we worked together that Fall.

His roommate invited me to hang out with them at their BYOM (Bring your own meat parties for anyone who is as clueless as I was because #thatsweird).

I never went, but I did spend time with him at school in the cafeteria or at faculty meetings because we were 2 out of 3 faculty members under the age of 40 at the time.

All Tim would ever talk about was all his girlfriends (yes, plural and yes, yuck) back home that were waiting for him to visit.

I remember telling my mom was a total loser he was, and all she would say was how cute she thought he was.

He would walk by my room a lot since our rooms were right across the hall, and he would always peek in and give a sly smile.

I thought it was creepy.

Always creepy.

Another facet of the story that is somewhat important is the fact that I had a boyfriend of almost 4 years at the time.

I thought we were going to get married.

I had no time or desire for any other men in my life.

Early in the spring semester at the school I had a conversation with Tim about the book Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers.

I was pretty surprised to find out Tim had read it and loved it.

It is a very romantic story and my favorite book of all time.


Again, a picture after we were together, but blogs without pictures are boring.  You're welcome.

So . . . after the book talk I started to think that maybe he could be a decent guy.

He began coming in my classroom everyday after school just to talk and ask me to diagram Bible verses for his class (good excuse).

February 3rd was my birthday and when I got to school that day there was a card on my desk from Tim that held a Publix gift card.

His note inside said, "Hey, maybe you can cook me dinner sometime."

Say what???

Part II coming soon.


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment