Monday, November 24, 2014

School Year 2014-2015

After homeschooling George last year full-time I realized that we really loved it.

I never thought I would be a homeschooling mom, but God has a funny way of leading us into things we never thought we would be capable of doing.

I did, however, miss a lot of things about traditional school.

I loved the programs and the social aspects of it.

There is a school in our area that we put George on a waiting list for 3 years ago.

This school has basically combined the best of both worlds, and they use classroom teaching three days a week and then lesson plan for two full days of homeschooling.

I love the concept and was thrilled to get my boys in this year.

I also got a job teaching the 5th and 6th grade Language Arts classes on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

It was such a blessing to be able to have my sons there and be able to be there with them doing something I love.

And then our first day of homeschooling for the year:


I would be lying if I said everything is going perfect.

Ethan has been difficult on the homeschool days.

He is a very young 4 (he just turned four at the end of August), so I was little nervous as to how he would do.

His teacher evaluated them a few weeks ago, though, and he is doing excellent.

That is such an answer to prayer because so many people told me to hold him another year.

I know it may change, and we will reevaluate each year to make sure we are making the best decision for him.

But for now I am just so thankful for God's leading for our family to this wonderful school.

Here are a few pictures of my classroom:



I went with a black, red and white theme.

It was very fun to decorate a classroom again.

I realize I need to take more pictures of it, though.

My students have been more than wonderful.

They are so sweet and a joy to teach everyday.

I am not one to act like everything is perfect, because that isn't real life.

I do have to say, however, that our school is a very bright spot in our lives.

The schedule is a perfect fit for us, and the people in the school (families and staff members) have been such a joy to do life with.

We are so thankful for God's blessing in this circumstance.
  
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment