Monday, January 21, 2013

A Day with George

Last week I had the opportunity to chaperone George's class trip to the Children's Museum of Naples.
 
He really wanted me to go when they sent home the permission slip before Christmas, but I told him it was a long-shot.
 
They weren't allowing younger siblings to come, and I don't really have anyone to watch the two littlest Bettelli's in Fort Myers yet.
 
A few days before the trip I asked my mom if she would be willing to come down for 24 hours to watch the kids, so I could go.
 
She did, and George was so happy that he would have me all to himself for an entire day.
When we got there they did a little lesson on the solar system.
Then we had lunch around 11.
After lunch they gave the kids time outside to play on all the playground toys . . . complete with a maze made out of bushes.
 
 
Once they got out some of their energy, we came back inside to check out the exhibits.
George loved the restaurant space.

He had so much fun with all the hands on activities he got to take part in.

Here he is playing the news anchor roll on tv.


Our day was so much fun, and he wanted to know when we could come back as soon as we left.

The museum was really fun, but I enjoyed my day with George alone even more.

I tell my husband all the time that sometimes I feel like I neglect George.

Ethan and Lexi are so labor intensive at 3 months and 2 years old.

George is 5, and he just has such a compliant personality.

I don't ever want him to feel like he gets lost in the shuffle of our crazy life.

He is so important to me, and I want him to always feel that way.

I truly believe that the best gift we can give our kids is siblings, but I also know that as you add kids to your brood things get crazier and busier.
It is always a balancing act, and I hope George knows what a priority he is for me.
I love that little boy so, so, so much, and it was such a privilege to hang with him.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment