Tuesday, January 1, 2013

2013 is here

Last year I wrote this post about my expectations for 2012.
 
It has been a good year.
 
A hard year with a lot of changes but a good year too.
 
I have tried to find joy in all circumstances.
 
Sometimes I succeeded and sometimes I didn't.
 
I thought a lot about what I wanted to write in my first post in 2013.
 
A new beginning is so open and fresh.
 
And people love to fill it with all their lofty goals.
 
But I don't.
 
That depresses me, because I know I won't accomplish it all.
 
What a way to start a year . . .
 
I want to start this year off by being thankful for my four greatest blessings.
 



 
They are my mission for 2013.
 
I want to be a better mom and a better wife.
 
I know these are goals that are never actually checked off a list, but that makes it easier for me to work on it.
 
It is a constant goal to strive for.
 
I want it at the forefront of my mind in all decision-making.
 
I want them to feel loved and cherished with everything I do.
 
That is my "resolution" for 2013.
 
And maybe I will finally try to make a loaf of homeade bread.
 
Maybe . . .
 
Because I don't want to overwhelm myself or anything.
 
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment