Monday, March 19, 2012

Lasagna

Hi, Friends.
 
Here is your recipe for the week.
 
My husband's family makes their own spaghetti sauce, and they would never let me give that secret away.
 
They also make some excellent lasagna, so I thought I could at least explain how to do that.
 
You can really use any sauce in this same process, but the "Bettelli Secret Sacue" works best.
 
 


Basically, this recipe is just a matter of getting together all the ingredients and layering in a special way.

The ingredients you will need are as follows:
Spaghetti Sauce
Cooked Lasagna Noodles
Sausage and meatballs ground up (we use our food processor)
Mozerella Cheese
Parmesan Cheese
Ricotta Cheese (mixed with an egg, a cup of mozerella, and a 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese)


I made two pans this time, so I don't have exact measurments.

It is definitely something you can eyeball, though, so no worries.

The first thing you do is put a little bit of sauce in the bottom of the pan to keep it from drying out.


Then the layering begins.

Put down a layer of noodles . . . I use four noodles across each layer.

You have to overlap them a bit.

On top of the noodles spread a thin layer of the ricotta mixture.



Then comes the meat.




Then I put a layer of mozerella cheese and parmesan cheese.

Top that off with a little sauce.


Then repeat the process two more times.
I do a total of three layers which makes the perfect thickness in my opinion.

It really helps if you get a cute partner to help you make it.

But it does not help to make this at this time of night.

 You are welcome for the helpful tips.

It also freezes extremely well, which is why I make two at a time.

Put that puppy in the oven for 45 minutes on 350 degrees.

Let it set for 5 to 10 minutes after you take it out of the oven, so it will stay together once you cut it.

I usually serve it with garlic bread and cesear salad.

Absolutely delicious and worth all the work.


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment