Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Saving What Exactly?

So what is up with these time changes?
 
Daylight savings happened over the weekend.
 
We "sprung forward."
 
Why do we need to save the daylight?
 
Save it from what?
 
 


I know all the background of the time changes.

Agriculture and farming and all that.

But this isn't meant to be a history lesson.

Basically, I want to complain about what this whole mess does to my children's sleep patterns.



I wish we could just pick one or the other and stick with it.

In the Spring we lose an hour of sleep (which gets picked back up in the Fall, only 6 months later).

So now my kids aren't tired at 8 because it is really 7.

They go to bed late, and then they get up later which is great on the weekends.  It puts us in a little bind on school days though.

Then in the Fall they are tired by 7 which is really 8.

And they get up at the crack of dawn because 6 is really 7.

It is all so confusing and annoying if you want my opinion.

And I know you do.



Here is the point . . . could someone please write a letter to someone who has power and get this thing sorted out?

We don't need to change the time.

Let's just leave it the way it is for goodness sake.

Moms everywhere will thank you.


 
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment