Wednesday, February 15, 2012

A Day Late . . .

A day late and a dollar short . . . story of my life:)
 
Yesterday was Valentine's Day (well, it is still Valentine's Day as I write this, but it won't be once it is posted)
 
I wanted to write a quick love note to each of my boys in honor of the day of love.
 
Boy #1 - Daddy
 

Tim,
You are truly a God-send.
I know I could never do anything to deserve all the love you show me.
You are such a picture of God's grace and have taught me so much about how to show that grace to others.
I love you so much and even though it sounds cliche . . . I don't know what I would do without you.
You are the best father to our boys, and I am so thankful they have you as their example.
On this day of love, I hope you know that you are the one I love the most on this earth.
You are everything I could ever ask for in a husband and father.
I thank the Lord for you every single day.
Mad Crazy, Babe!

Boy #2 - George


Georgie Porgie,
I have said it before and I will say it again . . . You and only you are the one who made me a mom.
You have stretched me in ways I could never have imagined.
You have a piece of my heart that will always be yours.
You are such a smart, adorable, funny, daddy-look-a-like, expressive boy.
You have taught me more than I could ever teach you.
God truly blessed our lives from the minute we found out we were pregnant with you.
You were a surprise, but it was the best surprise I have ever experienced (even better than my 30th birthday, which is saying a lot).
I love you more than words could ever express, but on this day of love I want you to know that mommy loves you unconditionally.
I love you my firstborn,
Mommy

Boy #3 - Ethan


Ethan,
You are my baby for the time being.
That is so special to me because I have seen how fast that time slips away.
You still love to sit on my lap and drink your milk.
I am still the one who takes you out of your crib everyday with your sleepy smile.
You have stolen my heart even when I thought there was no room left.
You have such a unique personality.  You are so determined to finish whatever you start.
You have also taught me more than I could have ever imagined.
I am in awe of the new things you learn on a daily basis.
I am your biggest fan.
I love you forever and always, my determined one,
Mommy

Love letters to my boys . . . in the flesh . . . saved for all time.
So what if they are a day late.
Better late than never, right?
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment