Tuesday, December 6, 2011

The Holiday Season 2011

One of my goals this holiday season has been to concentrate more on the little moments that come in between the hustle and bustle. 
 
These are the memories I want forever stored in my brain.
 
 
I get so busy during the holidays (and I know I am not the only one).
 
Just this week we have a Bible study Christmas tea, a party to make reindeer shirts at George's preschool where I am a helper, a youth group (where Tim serves on Wednesday nights) Christmas party, our church married group Christmas party, George's church Christmas program dress rehearsal and actual program, George's school Christmas program, and a women's craft exchange party. 
 
Just typing that out makes me tired.
 
And it isn't that I don't enjoy all those things, because I absolutely do.
 
I just don't want to miss out on the little things when our calendar is full of so many big things.
 
I want to savor the moments that we have our little family all together just hanging around the house in our pajamas.
 
Those are my favorite moments of the holidays.
 
That is where I see the most Jesus in my life.
 
He has given me so many blessings.
 
First and foremost being this little family that I call my own.
 
These boys that are so special and have shown me more love than I could have ever imagined.
 
They have taught me so much.
 
Let the holiday season of 2011 be one of little moments for you too.
 
It makes all the difference.
 
Trust me.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment