Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Happy Birthday, Steph

I am going to rewind back about 10 days.
 
While we were in North Carolina I got a facebook message from one of my best friend's husband's about surprising said best friend for her birthday in Asheville.
 
Asheville is about 30 minutes from where we stay in Maggie Valley, so I jumped on board.
 
On Friday night, the 30th, Tim and I headed over to the Biltmore Village and spent some time alone together before we had to meet up with the other couple for dinner.
 

We found a really cool hotel and decided to take some pictures in the lobby.
Being the weirdos that we are.
At least we are weirdos together.




Paul (Stephanie's husband) picked a restaurant called Salsa's for our dinner, so we met them there to surprise Steph.


I would say mission accomplished.
Aren't they cute?





The presentation of food at this place was ridiculous.

This was the salsa trio platter.


My Chicken Enchiladas


Tim's lava bowl with salmon and shrimp




Birthday Cupcake


Birthday Hats


This is a ridiculous story, so I won't bore you with every detail.
Only a few . . .
Tim found some newspaper from 1942 that he just had to buy.
He found this paper in a store that was closing its doors for the last time that night.
Isn't that convenient?
We walk in and the owner walks up to us in his black trench coat saying, "40% off everything in the store.  Area 52, no taxes.  The government will never know.  We are closing our doors tonight."
Sketchy much?
Obviously, it didn't bother the husbands that much as evidenced by the artifacts seen in the picture.


Steph is about to have her first baby.
Is she not glowing?


Before Tim and I went back to our condo, we stopped to see the Bed and Breakfast Paul and Steph were staying in for the weekend.


Last but not least is this lovely picture of Paul at the table.
Doesn't he look ready to eat?

We were so, so honored to spend Stephanie's birthday dinner with her.

She was my roomate in college for three years, and one of my very best friends in the world.

We were in each other's weddings.

I can't wait to watch her be a mom and be able to spoil her little munchkins like she spoils mine.

Steph,
You are such a wonderful friend.
I absolutely love you and can't wait to meet your daughter.
I am so thankful Paul thought to invite us to your birthday this year.
It was so special, and I will never forget the surprised look on your face.
You are a once in a lifetime friend to me, and I hope you know I want to be the same to you.
Love,
Lou

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment