Wednesday, January 11, 2012

The Second Born

His name is Ethan.
 
He is his own person.
 
He is extremely passionate at a very young age.
 
He is quite brilliant.
 
He is always on the go.
 
He has excellent voice inflection when using words of a language all his own.
 
He gives perfect hugs for no reason.
 
He is my baby.
 
He can be a cheese ball.
 

I think second borns can get a bad rap.

They come into the world on the heels of perfection.

The first born is so anticipated and showered with anything and everything.

By the time number two comes into the world families are tired, ready, think they know what to expect.

I have been thinking lately about how little time I actually spend with Ethan alone.

It isn't that I don't want to spend time alone with him, but older brother is part of our crew too.

We usually do things as a family or I take both boys out together.

Today, after I dropped George at his morning preschool I decided to treat Ethan to a day of my undivided attention.

We went to the park, and I gave him my attention.
All to himself.



When we got home I sat on the couch, and he brought me book after book to read to him.
All to himself.



It was so wonderful to spend that quality time with him.
Time that doesn't happen unless I make it a priority.
It was so nice to allow him to have me
All To Himself.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment