Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Belated New Year's

The "in" blogger thing the past few weeks has been to post on your new year's resolutions.
 
I have actually sat down to write a few things out, but I just can't seem to decide.
 
Should I make lofty goals that I are sure to go unfinished?
 
Should I put together a silly list so that I have something to show for a new year?
 
Should I get really deep and write about how I hope this is the year for big change in our family?
 
Should I just skip the whole trend all together?
 
I truly couldn't decide until I sat down tonight.
 
I am not a big believer in resolutions.
 
I do, however, believe in goals and challenging ourselves to strive for the big things God has for us.
 
It is January 2012.
 
2012.
 
I can't believe that this is the year I will turn 30.
 
The big 3-0.
 
That alone seems like a good reason to evaluate how I see the next year or thirty panning out.
 
Now I do know that absolutely nothing I plan ever happens exactly as I believe it will.
 
I love that about God.
 
He allows us to have the mind to plan, but He also wants us to trust him with the changes.
 
Change is good, and we can't be too stuck on the "plan."
 
That being said I do have some plans for 2012 . . .
 
I want 2012 to be a year of joy.
 
Joy in all circumstances.
 
I spend too much time thinking and worrying about my family's stability.
 
Relational stability, financial stability, health stability . . .
 
Stability is actually overrated.
 
There is joy in the ups and downs.
 
There is joy in the paths that seem unstable.
 
I want all three of my boys to see a better wife and mother than they have ever seen before.
 
I want them to feel comfort in my actions.
 
I want them to feel loved in the way I choose joy everyday.
 
2012 . . . We got this.
 
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Found your blog from WIWW! I'm a stalker too. Congrats on posting, hopefully I will get the nerve to do it!!! Girl don't worry about turning 30. I just turned 32! I'm loving my 30s!!!

    ReplyDelete