Monday, January 16, 2012

Soup Weather

Welcome to Recipe Mondays!
 
Each week I will bring you a tried and true recipe that my family eats on a regular basis.
 
I want to give you something that we made the week before, so I will have a picture.
 
Unfortunately, I forgot this week.
 
I am a forgetful person, but I am trying to improve this problem.
 
Anyways, we ate Chicken Parmesan tonight, and I even thought about taking a picture beforehand.
 
But alas, it didn't happen.
 
It is pretty cold in hot Florida this week, so it seems like the perfect time for soup.
 
I am pretty sure I have already posted this recipe, but that was before my blog got big and famous (ahem).
 
It is truly a favorite around here, and it is quick and healthy.
 
Tomato & Tortellini Soup:
 
Ingredients
• 2 garlic cloves, minced
• 1 tablespoon butter or stick margarine
• 3 (14.5 ounce) cans reduced sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth
• 1 (9 ounce) package refrigerated or frozen cheese tortellini
• 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry (or fresh spinach, which is what I always use)
• 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained (or with green chilis for extra kick)
 
Directions
1. In a saucepan, saute the garlic in butter until tender. At this point you can also sauté ½ cup of onion with the garlic to add more flavor (which I always do).
2.  Stir in the broth. Bring to a boil. Add tortellini; cook for 5-6 minutes or until tender.
3.  Stir in the spinach and tomatoes; heat through.
4.  Sprinkle parmesan cheese on top if desired. (and you will desire.)

And since I didn't get a picture to share, here is one from the internet.
 

Mine looks exactly like that.  What a coincidence!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment