Monday, January 16, 2012
Each week I will bring you a tried and true recipe that my family eats on a regular basis.
I want to give you something that we made the week before, so I will have a picture.
Unfortunately, I forgot this week.
I am a forgetful person, but I am trying to improve this problem.
Anyways, we ate Chicken Parmesan tonight, and I even thought about taking a picture beforehand.
But alas, it didn't happen.
It is pretty cold in hot Florida this week, so it seems like the perfect time for soup.
I am pretty sure I have already posted this recipe, but that was before my blog got big and famous (ahem).
It is truly a favorite around here, and it is quick and healthy.
Tomato & Tortellini Soup
• 2 garlic cloves, minced
• 1 tablespoon butter or stick margarine
• 3 (14.5 ounce) cans reduced sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth
• 1 (9 ounce) package refrigerated or frozen cheese tortellini
• 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry (or fresh spinach, which is what I always use)
• 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained (or with green chilis for extra kick)
1. In a saucepan, saute the garlic in butter until tender. At this point you can also sauté ½ cup of onion with the garlic to add more flavor (which I always do).
2. Stir in the broth. Bring to a boil. Add tortellini; cook for 5-6 minutes or until tender.
3. Stir in the spinach and tomatoes; heat through.
4. Sprinkle parmesan cheese on top if desired. (and you will desire.)
And since I didn't get a picture to share, here is one from the internet.
Mine looks exactly like that. What a coincidence!
Post a Comment
Post Comments (Atom)