Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Stop "but" - ing in


Have you ever noticed how God's timing and our timing are never the same? Maybe that's not the case, but it certainly feels like that throughout our lives. 

I find God saying to me, "Tim, be patient. My timing is not yours, and by the way, don't you trust me by now?"

My response, "Lord, of course I trust you, but..."

Why do I do that? I know God is going to take care of me, yet I still try to rationalize with God how my way is better than His. 

I know I'm not the only one out there who does this...you know...try to "but - in" to God's plan with your own way of doing things. 

Why do we say, "Yes God, but...?" If we truly trust God's timing in our lives, we need to take the "but" out of these sentences.


Ecclesiastes 3:11 says, 

"He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the hearts of men; yet they cannot fathom what God has done from beginning to end."

Well, that pretty much sums it up for me. I need to stop, and just rest in the knowledge that even though I think God needs to speed it up a little and do things my way, that my timing would be disastrous, while God's timing is PERFECT!. 

"Lord, I rest in you today. Knowing that I will not always understand what you are doing or why you have chosen to do it this way, but I know you will make my life beautiful in YOUR time."

Photobucket
& Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment