Monday, October 8, 2012

Adding to the Brood

One of the biggest changes coming our way is the big jump we are making from four Bettelli's to five.
 
Yesterday was our last day spent together as a family of four.
 
(I would have been on that train too, but no pregnant women allowed.  Dumb.)
 
Each time I have been pregnant, the last week or so is bittersweet.
 
I am so, so, so excited to have a new baby join our brood, but the huge change causes some anxiousness.
 
I know how we work now.
 
Before we had George, it was just Tim and I.
 
We enjoyed the freedom and the time to get to know one another (considering we only dated 9 months total before our wedding day).
 
Then George came into our world, and we literally could not imagine life without him.
 
When I got pregnant with Ethan, I could not imagine how I could love him the way I loved George.
 
I remember crying in the hospital just hours after I had him (could have been hormones) because it would never be just George and I again.
 
Now as we are days away from bringing Lexi into the family, while I am so excited to see her and dress her and love her, I can't help but feeling a little sad that we will never have this family dynamic again.
 
It will never be just Mommy, Daddy and the boys.
 
With this new beginning comes an ending.
 
I enjoy change, always have, but knowing I can never get this time back makes me stop and reflect on the family dynamic we are giving up this week.
 
Lexi will be a part of us forever.
 
She is a permanent addition to the Bettelli clan.
 
Things will never be the same.
 
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Praying for all of you in this time of transition. All you need is in Him! I know you know that!

    ReplyDelete