Thursday, October 11, 2012

Birthday Eve

 
 
A Letter to my Lexi on her Birthday Eve:
 
Dearest Lexi,
        I can't believe tomorrow is the day we will get to kiss your sweet face.  I am so excited and anxious at the same time.  What are we going to do with a little girl???  After two boys I feel like I have that covered pretty well, but a girl . . . a baby girl . . . we are entering a whole new world.  And I can't wait to learn all things pink. 
        You were quite the surprise, little one.  Daddy and I had not one conversation about having another baby, but there you were.  It took me a little while to get used to the idea of a third, but now I can't imagine life without you.  And I haven't even truly met you yet.  You have already had that grand of an affect on me and your little family.  George is so excited to see you he can't stand it.  Ethan knows you are in my belly and loves to give you kisses.  I think your daddy is super excited but also nervous about raising a little girl . . . that should be a lot of laughs.
        I want you to know a few things before you come out, so I decided to put them all into this letter that you will one day read about the day before you were born. 
        First, you are so blessed with so much love.  There are so many people who already love you and are praying for your little life.  Always know that your family and friends are supporting you and encouraging you . . . even from within the womb.  This is one of God's greatest blessings, and I am so grateful for the love you have been shown. 
        Second, I want to be your best friend.  From a young age I really want to work on building a strong relationship with you.  I know you will grow to be a confidant and a friend to me, and I hope to be the same for you.  You can always tell me anything, and even though your choices may have consequences that I have to administer, I will always love you and help you in any way I can.
        Third, (this is more of a plea than information) please come out quickly, as painlessly as possible, and healthy.  We want to hold you and kiss you as soon as possible, so obey mommy and get here quick.
        Lexi, you are my little angel.  You (along with your brothers) are our greatest blessing on this earth.  Your father and I love you more than you could ever imagine, and I hope you never doubt that.  You are a precious gift, and I always want to treat you that way.  I don't take for granted the blessing of children that God has given our family.
                                                                         I love you, Lexi Girl,
                                                                                                                                 Mommy 
 
 

 
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Such a sweet letter. Little Lexi is so lucky to have you as a mom and join your beautiful family. Sending lots of love and prayers to you guys!

    ReplyDelete