Sunday, October 7, 2012

Weekends

Since it is the weekend I have been thinking about writing a post on the change in our weekends over the last few months.
 
In our current situation (with Tim and George in Fort Myers for work and school) we only get to be together as a family on the weekends.
 

 
 
It is a really hard transition because . . .
 
Well, number 1 - I miss them like crazy and so does Ethan.
 
Number 2 - I have to be a 9 month pregnant, single mom to a crazy 2 year old Monday thru Friday.
 
Number 3 - It is a really difficult to transition between having the house responsibilities to myself for five days and then sharing them for two.
 
It is definitely not ideal, and one of the worst parts is that we don't have an end date.
 
We don't know when we will all be together.
 
We can't find a permanent place in Fort Myers until we sell our house here.
 
And at this point we are no closer to selling than we were on August 1st when Tim started the job.
 
I don't want to complain because I know there are plenty of people who deal with much worse on a daily basis.
 
I want to be thankful despite my circumstances.
 
Thankful that I have two healthy, thriving little boys and adding a little girl to the mix in the very near future.
 
Thankful Tim loves his job.
 
Thankful George is absolutely dominating kindergarten.
 
Thanksful for parents and in-laws who are willing to do so much to help.
 
Thankful for Jesus and His shoulder to lean on.
 
Thankful for a roof over our heads.
 
Thankful that we do get to be together on weekends because some don't even get that.
 
I want to keep that perspective minute by minute because usually I am wallowing.
 
It is very unbecoming.
 
I know "this too shall pass."
 
And I am praying it will pass quickly:) 
 
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment