Tuesday, October 9, 2012

color schemes

Last night my mom and I finally sat down to finish one of the projects I really wanted done before Lexi was born.
 
When I had Ethan she made me burp cloths with towel backing.
 
Absorbency to the maximum.
 
I knew I wanted some for Lexi . . . but you know, the color scheme is so different for a baby boy and a baby girl.
 
I am definitely using a lot of the boys' stuff for her like the blue pack & play and the blue bumbo.
 
But burp cloths are like a fashion statement.
 
And my baby girl will have fashion, ahem.
 
So we went with these cute fabrics.
 
 
Could you just die?
 
That is only four of the six we used, but it was so, so, soooooo fun to be able to use Minnie Mouse and all things girly to make her burp cloths.
 
Here is my mom sewing away.
 
 
I was the cutting machine and she sewed all the peices together.
 
I just picked up a couple towels at Walmart for 2 or 3 bucks and we used that as the backing.
 
It doesn't get much simpler (or cheaper) than that.
 
 
We even put a little curve in the side, so it would fit over the shoulder better.
 
I know these babies will be getting plenty of use in the months to come, and I am grateful to have one more thing crossed off my list.
 
Now . . you may be wondering how we could be so productive with the wild two year old running around.
 
Another key player in this process was my dad, aka "The Babysitting Machine."
 
 
So thanks to both my parents . . . couldn't have done it without you!
 
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment