Sunday, November 6, 2011

Salting Roses - Chapters 16-18

Getting to the end of our novel, Salting Roses.
 

Here is our pro/com list for the week:

Cons:
1.  I wish we could have watched the poker game where Gracie won Sam's shirt.  They make references to it, but we never got the play by play.  I want the play by play. 

2.  So are Gracie and Sam ever going to have a DTR (defining the relationship for you old folks)?  I mean they have kissed twice, but both times no conversation followed.  I need more insight on that.

3.  Gracie likes Clare?  Say what?  I am a little lost on that front.  Some rich, snobby girl comes into your life while you are trying to stay away from all your money and you welcome her with open arms?  Doesn't make much sense to me.

4.  Poor Artie . . . I hate that he is dying.

5.  Now Ben has a mistress too.  Alice isn't the olny scandalous one.  That is a little much for me.  I don't need to know about all these rendezvous.

Pros:
1.  How cute was it that Sam bought the last pair of jeans in Gracie's size?  He held it over her head for a while, which made it even better in my opinion.

2.  I am a sucker for romance.  I love Sam's admiration for Gracie.  The way he thinks about her while he watches is very cute.

3.  Love that Gracie gave up the glove for the game with Artie.  She is not into "things" even after she gets her money.  I admire that about her character.

4.  Interested in the story with Clare . . . don't get it, but want to know more.

5.  I feel like there is a little more depth to the storyline at this point.  Artie, Gracie's sister, Alice and Ben with their romances, the kissing . . . it is all what I was looking for in the beginning.  Better late than never, I suppose.
Photobucket


No comments:

Post a Comment