Thursday, November 17, 2011

Inspiration Workshop - Thanksgiving

I am linking up with Gussy for her "Inspiration Workshop" this week.
Gussy Sews Inspiration Workshop!
 
Her prompt this week was Thanksgiving . . . how appropriate.
 
We began an annual tradition last year of having Thanksgiving at our house.
 
We moved into our first house last July, so we wanted to invite everyone who has opened their homes to us so many times before to come and enjoy our hospitality.
 
The house isn't big, but it is a pretty good use of space.
 
We had 16 people last year, and we will have around 24 this year.
 
I guess people feel comfortable at our abode, because the number keeps growing.
 
Here is a picture review of last year's festivities.  We expect much of the same this year.
 
The little boys made turkey cupcakes.

I got shirts made for my two babies, and they were so adorable.

Tim fried a turkey for the first time.  It was delicious, as evidenced here by my sister's hungry expression.

For every holiday I can remember growing up, we always had a "kids" table and an "adult" table.
We seem to be subconsciously carrying on the same tradition.
I don't quite know how I am still sitting at the "kids" table with two kids of my own.


And the "adult" table from last year.


There is nothing quite like food and family together.

I am so thankful for all the people in my life that the Lord has blessed me with.

I don't say that flippantly because I know so many who have never felt even a fraction of the love I feel everyday.

I truly want this Thanksgiving season to be a time where I reflect on all the blessings God has given me.

He is so good, and I am so undeserving.

Photobucket


No comments:

Post a Comment