Thursday, September 8, 2011

Books That Inspire

Today's "inspiration workshop" was all about books.
Gussy

It couldn't get much better than this for me. I am an avid reader. My husband cals me a book worm (in the most loving way possible, of course). I. Love. To. Read. anything and everything.

I want to share some of my favorite books, but I also want to tell you why they are favorites. We all have our reasons for picking favorites, and here are mine.

1. My most favorite book of all time: Redeeming Love by Francince Rivers.
You could say my husband and I fell in love over this book. We both read it, and it really was the factor that brought us into a deep conversation. It was this conversation that made me wonder if I could love this boy who read a Christian romance novel (although it is so much more than that). I have read this book multiple times, and given away copies to almost everyone I know or at least care about. It is a must read . . . even if you aren't a "reader." Read it and give me your opinion then:)

2. My most favorite book that I taught as an Enlgish teacher: To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee
I taught this book to ninth grade students, and it was a blast. Our final project for the book was a reenactment of the trial scene in the book. I actually took my class to a real courtroom to watch a trial in action. My dad is a lawyer, so I have always had a soft spot in my heart for books with anything law related. The kids loved it, and I still hear them talking about it whenever their ninth grade experience comes up. It makes my heart soar to know that I made that impact on them. It is any teacher's dream come true.

3. My most favorite children's book: I Love You, Stinky Face by Lisa Mccourt and Cyd Moore
This is the cutest book about unconditional love for your children. If you have children and don't have this book, do yourself and the little one a favor and get it. It is a good investment. I loved, loved, loved reading it to George when he was a baby, and it is still one of the ones he picks out most frequently before bedtime. Ethan seems to be liking it as well. It has really cute pictures and a funny storyline that both kids and adults love.

Well, that is my list. I would love to hear yours. Also, don't forget about the book club starting in two weeks. I will be "announcing" the book we will be reading this Sunday, so stay tuned.

1 comment:

  1. Love that your a teacher! I often wonder how many people fell in love with reading because of Harper Lee.

    ReplyDelete