Monday, September 26, 2011

Menu Plan 9/26 - 10/2

Um . . . Does October really start this week??? Craziness, I tell you.

As far as meal plans go this week . . . we don't really have any. Our air conditioner is broken, so we are staying with my parents until we can get a new unit put in our house. It may be a while, so I plan on mooching off of them for food:) I will contribute as much as possible.

I do have a container of Tortellini Soup in my freezer that I planned to take out this week, so I figured I would still give you a recipe in this post. This soup is so easy, so healthy, and so yummy. It doesn't get much better than that.

This tortellini soup was given to us as a meal from a church member when we had Ethan. It was so, so, so good, so I got the recipe. It is meatless, but Tim LOVES it. He never likes meatless, but it is that good. I always make double and freeze half to have on hand for a quick meal. It freezes well. As if you needed more to love about it . . . It is also super healthy. I don't think I have posted many healthy recipes, so here is my redemption.

Tomato & tortellini Soup:

Ingredients
2 garlic cloves, minced (I use the jarred stuff)
1/2 an onion chopped
1 tablespoon butter or stick margarine
3 (14.5 ounce) cans reduced sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth
1 (9 ounce) package refrigerated cheese tortellini (I have used frozen)
1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry or fresh spinach (I usually use fresh)
1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
Parmesean Cheese

Directions
1. In a large saucepan, saute the garlic and onion in butter until tender.
2. Stir in the broth. Bring to a boil.
3. Add tortellini; cook for 5-6 minutes or until tender.
4. Stir in the spinach and tomatoes; heat through.
5. Sprinkle parmesan cheese on top if desired. (Believe me, you will desire.)

No comments:

Post a Comment