Monday, September 19, 2011

Menu Plan - 9/19 to 9/25

Hi All,
Back to the old menu planning fun.

Before I get into our actual menu I wanted to do a shout out to my two sister-in-laws who share a birthday today. They are two of my favorite people, and they will each get a dedicated post this week, since they are two of the only faithful readers I have:)

We have another busy week lined up with me starting my second class for grad school, so I will be gone two nights instead of one.

Monday:
Breakfast - Eggs and sausage
Lunch - grilled cheese and strawberries
Dinner - Chicken Parmasean with spaghetti, salad and garlic bread (I have to bring a meal to a sick friend, so I am doubling this meal in order to only cook once for the night)

Tuesday:
Breakfast - Pancakes from the freezer (I made a huge batch this weekend and froze a bunch for a quick breakfast on the weekdays. Recipe to follow at the end) and blueberries
Lunch - $1.99 happy meals at McDonalds, need I say more?
Dinner - Hot dogs and macaroni and cheese (mama at school)

Wednesday:
Breakfast - Bagels with cream cheese
Lunch - peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, chips and salsa, veggies with ranch dip
Dinner - @ church, George has Christmas play practice and then Wednesday night church right after that, so they will eat what is served at church while I am at school

Thursday:
Breakfast - Waffles and strawberries
Lunch - cheese, crackers and peaches
Dinner - Chicken Tetrazzini (still haven't gotten to it from the freezer but I am determined this week) and bisquits

Friday:
Breakfast - Pancakes from the freezer and sausage
Lunch - crackers with hummus and veggies with ranch dip
Dinner - steak, coconut shrimp, egg noodles and broccoli

Saturday -
We are probably going out of town, so meals on the road

Sunday -
Breakfast and lunch on the road.
Dinner - Famous Bettelli spaghetti sauce.

Here is the pancake recipe I made over the weekend. They were pretty standard tasting, but my kids loved them. I also think they froze really well, which is important around here.

PANCAKES:
2 eggs
2 Tbsp. sugar
2 cups flour, all-purpose or wheat
1/4 cup vegetable oil
5 tsp. baking powder
1 1/2 cups milk
1/2 tsp. salt
In a bowl, mix ingredients just enough to moisten dry ingredients. Mixture will be thick and lumpy. Heat a griddle or frying pan over medium heat and lightly grease. Cook on a hot greased griddle. Flip when bubbles break on the surface and the edges begin to dry.
Makes 15-18 medium pancakes.
*I wanted to add that I used a little bit more milk than it called for because the mixture was too thick for my taste.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment