Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Birthday Wreath Tutorial

I have one more tutorial from Ethan's birthday party. I made a wreath out of balloons that were not blown up. I originally saw the idea on Pinterest, so I copied it:) I think it turned out pretty cute.


It was very simple to put together. I just bought around 300 balloons - 7 or 8 multi-packs from the Dollar Tree, and greening pins from Michael's. I had a wreath from a thrift store that I never used. You can get them from any craft store. I used the kind that looks like it is made out of straw but has a plastic wrap on the outside. Leave the plastic wrap on for this project.


All you do is put a balloon in the greening pin and stick the pin to the wreath. I just placed them randomly all over the front side of the wreath, and it seemed to work pretty well.

I also decoupaged a wooden number 1 with Elmo wrapping paper, and then attached it to the wreath with red ribbon. I was happy with the result. We hung it on the front door for the party. I also like the idea that I will be able to use the wreath for all our birthday parties from here on out. (I will change out the number, of course.)

Again, I hope these pictures helped you to understand the process. This is a fun project that will get a lot of use in our household.

No comments:

Post a Comment