Monday, September 5, 2011

Menu Plan 9/5 - 9/11

It's Menu Plan Monday - Don't get too excited:)

Labor Day today, so no work for the Hubby/Daddy. Yay!

I am going to try to do better about planning out breakfast and lunch each day. I want to see if this will help me feel more organized. Tim usually feeds the boys breakfast, but he will have to leave for work early for the next month. I guess I will be on duty, so I want to feel like I have a plan.

Monday:
Breakfast - Cinnamon Rolls and chocolate milk
Lunch - Subs at the beach (surfing the waves from the tropical storm)
Dinner - Family coming over for Eggplant Parmasan and Pasta with the special Bettelli sauce, ceasar salad

Tuesday:
Breakfast - Eggs and Bacon
Lunch - Peanut Butter and Jelly, cheez-its, and grapes
Dinner - Chicken Tetrazzini and Bisquits (never got to this last week)

Wednesday:
Breakfast - waffles and milk
Lunch - Grilled cheese, tomato soup, and peaches
Dinner - Pizza (church night)

Thursday:
Breakfast - Pancakes and milk
Lunch - Leftover chicken tetrazzini
Dinner - grilled chicken breasts, egg noodles with burned butter, and broccoli

Friday:
Breakfast - Cereal
Lunch - Macaroni and cheese, grapes
Dinner - Steak on the grill, coconut shrimp, rice, salad

Saturday:
Breakfast - Eggs and Bacon
Lunch - whatever leftovers we have in the fridge from this week
Dinner - hopefully date night for Tim and I (his parents will be in town to watch the kids)

Sunday:
Breakfast - Waffles and chocolate milk
Lunch - out after church
Dinner - Pasta with the special Bettelli sauce

I don't have any new recipes for this week, so I thought I would give a few more tips on how I choose my menu each week. The first thing I do before even beginning to plan is check our schedule and check our refridgerator and freezer. I want to make sure to use what we have on hand, and I need to make sure I have time for whatever I want to make each day according to our schedule.

Once I have done that I go online to look at Publix's (our grocery store in the area) weekly ad. It gives me the prices of everything on sale. I try to pick out what I will need to buy by the pricing. I like me some sales:)

Lastly, I try to change our meats out throughout the week. I don't want to be eating chicken everyday, no matter how cheap it is. We would get bored, and I don't think that is healthy.

Those are pretty much my "rules" when it comes to planning. I try to keep it simple, but I also want us all to enjoy our meals. After almost six years of marriage I think this is one area that I succeed at most of the time. I definitely would not say "all" the time, but it has gotten to be almost second nature at this point. It did take a while though, so don't be discouraged if you are new to meal planning.

No comments:

Post a Comment