Friday, September 16, 2011

Snapshot without a picture

Here is a snapshot into my life from our dinner table tonight (Don't be jealous):

* Tim is working late, so George and I sit down to dinner.
* Ethan already ate, but of course he is being his begger self and whining at my feet for food.
* I give in and begin feeding him rice off my fork between bites in my own mouth just to keep him quiet.
* George sees the book Seven Silly Eaters on our dining room table, so he asks me to read it.
* How can I say no to that sweet face and one of my favorite books, so I proceed to read in animated voices.
* To sum it up . . . I am simultaneously eating my food, feeding Ethan, and reading a book.
* And Heaven forbid I should go more than 5 seconds without giving Ethan a bite or reading a sentence. I would really be in for it then.

Motherhood at its finest, if I do say so myself:)

No comments:

Post a Comment