Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Forgot to turn on the monitor

So . . . about 7:30 this morning I woke up and felt out of sorts, because I hadn't slept until that time in the last ten months. I hit Tim to wake him up and see if he could hear Ethan on the monitor. The boys have been sleeping in the same room for the last month or so, so I nurse Ethan in the morning whenever he wakes up. It is usually between six and seven. Needless to say, we forgot to turn the monitor on last night. Right about that time we hear Ethan wimpering from the living room. I immediately panicked. Did George (the four year old) take him out of the crib? Did he climb out? Tim darted out our bedroom and found my sister-in-law, Whitney, holding Ethan. (Peter and Whitney are staying with us for the summer:).

The story goes - About 7:15 George begins yelling "Mommy, Daddy, Peter, Whitney." Thank goodness, Whitney heard him and went in their room.

George immediately says,"Good morning, Whitney" with a big smile on his face. Then he says, "Can you please watch Ethan for me because I really need to go to the bathroom, and I don't want him to get hurt?"

How sweet is that? He is such a good big brother. I guess Ethan woke George up (because who knows how long he was crying). They played together with Ethan in the crib until George had to go to the bathroom, but he didn't want to leave Ethan by himself.

Moral of the story is . . .
1. Brothers are so sweet at this age. I love that George loves Ethan so much. I was a little worried since they are a little over three years apart, but George really enjoys Ethan's company and vice versa. I know it will only get better as they get older.
2. Thank goodness for Whitney (btw - this is your shout out). I don't know what would have happened if she didn't hear him. We might have had an accident or a very upset baby. So, thanks, Whit, Whit. You rock!
3. Try harder to remember to put on the monitor because it is pretty important.
4. I can't believe I actually considered 7:30 sleeping in. I guess motherhood makes you think crazy things:)

No comments:

Post a Comment