Saturday, July 16, 2011

Sweet Boy

Last night around 9 pm I realized that I had lost one of my earrings. I was sitting on the couch with Tim and George. We looked all around the area I was sitting, but the earring was no where to be found. They aren't particularly expensive earrings, but they were a special gift from my mom. I really, really love them, so I was feeling sad.

Earlier in the evening I had read my two boys two books in George's bed for "cuddle" time. Tim had an idea that maybe the earring had fallen out then because Ethan tends to get a little rough during cuddle time. Unfortunately, he was already asleep in that same room, so we couldn't look for the earring at that point. I would have to wait until morning.

This morning George came in our room crying as soon as he woke up. I asked what was wrong, and he told me that he had found the earring last night and put it in his hand. He was hoping to hold it all night long, so he could surprise me with it in the morning. Come on?? Is he the sweetest child or what???

He and Tim went back in the room to look for it at that point. They found it in the bed somewhere, so George came running back in my room with his hands behind his back. He said, "mom, I have a surprise for you." He produced the special earring that had been found. It is even more special to me now:)

1 comment: