We are back from Disney . . . you can expect a post later in the week.
On Friday before we left I finished reading chapter 5 in One Thousand Gifts. It was another really good chapter. It was all about thanking God through the hard stuff, and just being thankful that He is in control, good or bad. I only have one quote, and it is actually a verse from the Bible. Isaiah 14:24 "Surely, just as I have intended so it has happened, and just as I have planned so it will stand." After the verse, Ann says, "As God plans . . . so it stands" on page 88. Again, I just love the profound depth of her short statements. God plans it, so we don't have to stress about "what ifs." We just need to be thankful that whatever it is (good or bad) will bring Him glory. That is always our goal as Chistians. It is a hard concept to practice, but it does become a discipline if we practice enough.
Continuing the list . . .
31. Husband's eggs over medium two mornings in a row
32. A confident, swimming four year old
33. Spur of the moment shopping with sister-in-law
34. The Dollar Tree (where everything is truly 1 dollar)
35. Elmo pool party for two babies turning 1!
36. Closets full of clothes
37. Fresh ciabatta bread
38. No cooking all weekend:)
39. Tim and George getting to spend quality time together
40. The double stroller