Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Dessert - It's What's For Dinner

Challenge:
If you have kids I have found the way to earn "Parent of the Year" award. On Sunday night Tim and I decided to go to Yogurt Mountain before dinner. We told George that ice cream was our dinner and our pasta would be our dessert.

You would have thought we flew him to another county and bought him a new car. He was so excited and loved bringing it up a million times throughout the night.

When we got home and served him his pasta he asked for seconds. His exact words were, "Mom, may I please have some more dessert?" He followed the statement with the biggest grin.

His joy was totally worth going against my usual strict rules. Sometimes changing up even the smallest thing can brand a blissful memory on a four year old's memory. I want my son to remember those things. I want him to always associate his childhood with happiness. I want him to change it up once in a while with his kids.
Challenge:
When was the last time you changed it up?
I promise you won't regret it.

PS: This picture was taken in a hotel room on our family vacation in June. It is another example of "changing it up." He was allowed to eat dinner on the bed. I know what you are thinking, we are major rule breakers around here:)

No comments:

Post a Comment