Wednesday, August 31, 2011

JAX with Irene


Over the weekend we took our little family to Jacksonville to meet up with good friends and surf the effects of hurricane Irene.

We drove over on Friday night and went straight to bed.
On Saturday we spent the better part of the day at the beach. The boys had a blast playing in the water and sand. Tim had a blast surfing some waves. Ethan even took a nap in my arms, which is unheard of for this little guy.

Saturday night we went out to eat at Chipotle. My friend, Steph, is pregnant, and that is what she was craving. You always eat where the pregnant person wants to. It is a very strict rule.

After dinner we walked around a shopping area, but most places were getting ready to close. We found a frozen yogurt place, and I was very excited. I ended up disappointed, though, because it was seriously the most disgusting frozen yogurt I have ever had. It tasted like . . . I can't describe it. Just gross. Be careful of places that advertise frozen yogurt, but serve whatever it was that we tasted that night.

On Sunday we walked around another shopping center and went to lunch at Five Guys Burgers. Ethan also had his first introduction to "Pop Rocks." He was unfazed, as he usually is with most things.

We drove over to UNF on our way out to visit a former student. She lives in a dorm called "The Fountains." It should really be called the "Ritz Carlton: College Edition." There was a stinkin' lazy river outside her dorm, plus a regular pool, gym, pool room, convenience store and cafe. Are you kidding me?

We walked around UNF for a while, so she could show us all the places she has classes and such. It is a pretty place, but I have to say that I like the older colleges better. It seems like they have more character and history. Some people aren't into that stuff, but I really loved Florida State and all the background there.

We began our trek home around 2:30pm. Around 4:30 pm out of nowhere I see a car coming straight at us. I yelled, "Oh my gosh, that car is going to hit us." Sure enough, it did. Totally rammed into the side (my side) of the car. Long story, but we ended up having to sit on the side of the road for four hours dealing with cops who never showed up, the road patrol, and a car we thought had run but was actually at the next exit and had to be brought to us to identify. It was pretty easy to identify, considering the huge tire mark in the side of their car.

We finally made it home around 10 that night. Needless to say, I am still recovering from the eventfulness.

No comments:

Post a Comment