Monday, August 1, 2011

Reader Submitted Recipe

I found this lovely recipe waiting for me in my inbox yesterday. I have not tried it yet, but I thought I would share it with you. It was submitted by one of my faithful readers:) Thanks, Rosie!

So I was going through my recipe box and found this breakfast recipe that I thought you might like you can add it to your collection.

Sour Cream Waffles
- 5 large eggs
- 1/2 C sugar
- 1 C all purpose flour
- 1 tsp coarse salt
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger, cardamom or cinnamon
- 1 C sour cream
- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- olive oil, veg oil or melted butter for the waffle iron
- 1 C berries, fresh or frozen (frozen berries should be heated prior to serving)

1. Beat the eggs and sugar together for 5 to 8 minutes. When the beater is lifted, it should trail a ribbon of batter.
2. Whisk together the flour, salt and spice. With a spoon, alternately fold into the mixture half of the flour mixture, the sour cream and then the remaining flour mix. Lightly stir in the melted butter. Then let the batter sit for 10 minutes.
3. Heat a nonstick or well greased waffle iron to medium high. Brush iron lightly with oil or melted butter. Puor 1 3/4C batter and cook until golden, 2 1/2 to 3 minutes per side for a stovetop waffle iron. If you have an electric iron it will beep when the waffle is done. Serve with berries or berry sauce on top. You can also top with a little dolp of sour cream.

My husband and son love these when I make these on Saturday mornings so I thought I would share with you since you have your blog now. As I go thru my recipies I will send you one here and there if I think you may like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment