Thursday, October 6, 2011

Inspiration Workshop - FALL

Linking up with Gussy for her "Inspiration Workshop" this week - All About Fall.


Gussy Sews Inspiration Workshop!

Fall is kind of an oxymoron here in Largo, Florida.

Our weather does change - It goes from 95 degrees to 85 degrees during the day.
 Not exactly what I call "boot" weather.

Anyhow, I do love the idea of fall, so here are some of my favorite things that I do to make it feel like fall without the weather.

1.  Pumpkin Spice Coffee.
I know everyone loves the Starbucks version, but I am loving me some Dunkin' Donut kind this year.

2.  Pumpkin Cookies. 
My all-time favorite cookie.  I got the recipe from one of my brother's ex-girlfriend's mom.
When I tasted them I had to have the recipe.  If you tasted them you would have to have it too.
Here it is:
Ingredients:
1 cup shortening (I use half butter)
1 cup sugar
1 cup pumpkin
1 egg
2 cups of flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon of cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 6 ounce package of chocolate chips

What to do?
Cream together shortening, sugar and pumkin.
Add egg and mix well.
Combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.  Add to mixture.
Stir in chocolate chips.
Drop on lightly greased cookie sheet & bake at 375 for ten minutes (no more, no less)

Frosting ingredients:
3 tablespoons butter
4 teaspoons of milk
1/4 cup of brown sugar
1 cup powdered sugar
3/4 teaspoon of vanilla

What to do about this frosting?
Cook butter, milk, and brown sugar unil the sugar is dissolved.
Add powdered sugar and vanilla and stir with a whisk until blended.
Drizzle onto the cookies while the frosting is still warm.

Tips -
I always double or triple the recipe.  You will be making them everyday if you don't.  Just sayin'
They freeze really well, so you can make as many as you want and keep them frozen until you need 'em.

And . . . that about sums up Fall to me.  Pumpkin this and pumpkin that.  I don't get much fall weather around here, but I sure do make sure I get me some pumpkin.

1 comment:

  1. Mmmm yummy post! :) Those cookies sound delicious. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete