My overall assessment of these three chapters is . . . light and cute, but draggin a bit.
1. As stated above, I felt like these chapters were dragging a bit. I hope it picks up pace.
2. The description of characters seems lacking to me. I have to fill in a lot of blanks while reading. I like to have a few "fill in the blanks," but it is excessive in this book.
3. Kate Hammond is so typical it is almost sickening. The fact that she doesn't like her butler is too classic rich lady. Been there, done that. Or rather . . . seen there, read that.
4. Sam Fontana has so much more to his story, and I wish they would just come out with it. What was his relationship to Conrad? Why is he so interested in this? What is the deal with him and Kate?
5. I have to be honest and admit that I am torn between feeling annoyed and comforted by the fact that this rich family is about to be side-swiped by this poor, sweet Grace and all her simplicities. It is exactly what they need, but so typical to a novel or a movie. Here's to hoping there is a twist.
1. I really like Sam Fontana. He seems like my kind of guy. Doesn't put up with much and laughs at other's drama. His interaction with Kate Hammond is classic.
2. The storyline of Conrad's two wives interests me. I wouldn't say it was quite "there" yet, but it has definitely peaked my interest.
3. I really enjoy the relationship that Gracie has with her aunt and two uncles. I want to know how she is going to continue in those relationships once she acquires so much money (that is if she takes it).
4. I am interested in this house that Conrad bought in Shady Grove. What is the story there? Will Grace and her man, Sam, end up living there and making babies of their own? One can hope.5. Grace's similarities to Kate. I like that they are including details about the two women who have never met each other. I look forward to their meeting and recognizing all that Sam has already recognized. There is something really cool about family. No matter what, it can't be taken away.
What are your thoughts this week? I would love to hear your opinions.
Next week we will talk about chapters 7, 8 & 9. Is three chapters too many? Anyone? Anyone?